Download a PDF version of the East Cobb Cityhood HB 841-2021.
Here is a quick overview of the bill for the City of East Cobb:
Services included in City-Lite approach:
- Zoning and planning
- Code enforcement
- Parks and recreation
City Council Structure
- Six (6) elected members from three (3) posts
- Each post has two (2) members each. One (1) member from each post must be elected city-wide;
- By a majority vote, the councilmembers shall elect a councilmember to serve as mayor. The mayor shall serve a two-year term of office.
- The affirmative vote of four councilmembers shall be required for the adoption of any ordinance, resolution, or motion.
- The city council by ordinance shall establish a millage rate for the city property tax which shall not exceed 1 mil
- Other revenues such as Occupational & Business taxes, Licenses; Permits; Fees, Franchises, and Services Charges. Full detail in Article VI FINANCE
- Referendum: November 2022
- A special election to elect council members, following a YES vote by residents: March 2023
Do you like this page?